The Potential Duplicates Lightning Component works for Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Custom Objects. This article covers setup and common questions.
- You must be using Lightning Experience in Salesforce.
- To install the component, you'll need the permission "Download AppExchange Packages" and "Customize Application."
- To merge duplicates, users must have delete permission on the object.
- First, install the latest version of the component from the AppExchange using the Get It Now button. We recommend granting access to all users when you get to that step. You're also welcome to test in a sandbox first.
- Next, make sure you have matching rules and duplicate rules for the object that you want to use. Keep in mind you can only set these up for Leads, Accounts, Contacts and custom objects. See Customize Duplicate Rules in the Salesforce help if you haven't set these up before.
- Add the component to the Lightning pages for the object that you setup in step 2 using the steps below.
Add the Component to your Lightning Pages
First, find the Lightning Page you want to edit:
From an existing record:
- Navigate to any record on the object that you want to modify.
- In the top right of the page, click on the gear icon and click Edit Page
- Go to Setup > Object Manager
- Click on the Object you want to edit
- Select Lightning Record Pages on the left side
- Click on the Lightning Record Page you want to edit, or create a new one.
Then, add the component anywhere you want on the lightning page:
You can also choose whether or not you want to see the title of the component or just keep it simple using the checkbox on the right sidebar.
Save the lightning page, and that's it. You should now start seeing potential duplicates like this:
Then just review and merge the records to clean up the duplicates!