This article covers the setup for Case Merge. For more information about how it works, see the Case Merge Overview.
1. Install Report Sender Plus
If you don't already have Report Sender Plus installed, get it from the AppExchange (you can install it for free in a sandbox to evaluate):
2. Setup Case Merge from PowerPack Admin
In Salesforce, navigate to "All Tabs"
Find the "PowerPack Admin" tab:
Navigate to "Case Merge":
You need to take 2 actions here:
- Choose the case status for cases that don't survive the merge. We recommend a new case status "Merged"
- If you're using Email to Case then click "Enable Trigger" to ensure that emails send to any of the merged cases are routed to the surviving case.
3. Add to Page Layouts
Edit your page layouts to add the "Find Duplicates" button to the case detail screen. Your admin should edit the appropriate page layouts like this:
Add the case merge button to the case list screen by navigating to:
Setup > Customize > Cases > Search Layouts > Edit Cases List View
4. Set Audit Fields Permission (Optional)
When the email trigger is enabled and next time you merge a case, email messages will be migrated from losing Case to the winning Case. By default, during this migration, timestamp fields like CreatedDate, LastModifiedDate, etc will get reset. In order to preserve those timestamp fields, you need to assign this permission to Case Merge users.
Note: This permission is optional and the App will continue to work without any errors but the timestamp fields will get reset without this permission.
Please refer Salesforce Help article on how to enable and assign this permission to required users.